Friday, March 27, 2009
when you delete a file in windows xp, it puts it in the recycle bin. its a safeguard, built into the os, so that you can always restore the file if want it
back. files in the recycle bin do takeup space in your hardisk. so to erase a file "permanently" you will have to empty the recycle bin...sort of double
handling don't you think?.
if you are sure you do not need the file, you can bypass the recyle bin and delete the file "permanently". (especially files your wife/husband should not see) how?
1) click the file you want to delete
2) hold the shift key and hit delete
3) a window will pop to give you one chance to reconsider. hit yes , thats it you file is gone.
can you recover files erased this way. answer is yes and no......but thats for another time....
another tip before i log off:
if you are keen to see detailed info of you computer, to see if your vendor has given you all that he promised in his delivery order, just do the following:
1) click start
2) select run
3) type dxdiag and hit enter
out pops the devil himself. click the tabs to look through the whole system
and you can also test your speakers and other things.........enjoy
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
1) right click you mouse on your desktop
2) choose new then shortcut in the box that just opened
3)IN the blank box type in the following :
shutdown -s -t 0
4) note the spaces between shutdown and -s and -t and 0(zero)
5) click next and enter a suitable name for the shortcut
6) next right click the shortcut you just made, go to properties
7) click the mouse in the shortcut key box (don't worry about the none)
8) press the ctrl key and the end key
9) the box will now show ctrl+alt+end
10) next click change icon buton and click ok if any message box appears
11) choose a new icon for you short cut and click APPLY, THEN OK, and you are done!
12) so anytime you want a fast shutdown just hit the ctrl+alt+end
key on you key board ,your computer will shutdown......
13) you can also double click you new icon to shutdown.
note: if you want to rebot after shut down, just create another shortcut
and change the -s to -r in line no 3.
AND CHOOSE A NEW KEYBOARD KEY IN LINE 9, E.G ctlr+alt+insert
go ahead and try.....enjoy!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
MARCH 28 is earthday....please do your part to save our precious enviroment...
there is a movement in malaysia requesting everyone in malaysia to
switch off all your lights in your home for one hour on march 28 at 2030hrs(8:30pm).
this is a great idea, hope all my readers will support this event......
do you part to save mother earth!!!!