how would you like to shutdown your computer using just keyboard or with just a click of an icon?......if your are game for it lets start.
1) right click you mouse on your desktop
2) choose new then shortcut in the box that just opened
3)IN the blank box type in the following :
shutdown -s -t 0
4) note the spaces between shutdown and -s and -t and 0(zero)
5) click next and enter a suitable name for the shortcut
6) next right click the shortcut you just made, go to properties
7) click the mouse in the shortcut key box (don't worry about the none)
8) press the ctrl key and the end key
9) the box will now show ctrl+alt+end
10) next click change icon buton and click ok if any message box appears
11) choose a new icon for you short cut and click APPLY, THEN OK, and you are done!
12) so anytime you want a fast shutdown just hit the ctrl+alt+end
key on you key board ,your computer will shutdown......
13) you can also double click you new icon to shutdown.
note: if you want to rebot after shut down, just create another shortcut
and change the -s to -r in line no 3.
AND CHOOSE A NEW KEYBOARD KEY IN LINE 9, E.G ctlr+alt+insert
go ahead and try.....enjoy!