Thursday, May 15, 2008

RISE AND FALL OF TYSON


"TYSON THE DOCUMENTARY”

Directed by James Toback will premiere at the Cannes Film Festival, new york.

The film is expected to be released in cinemas later this year

Mike Tyson's phenomenal rise to glory and his epic fall from the pinnacle will be examined in a new documentary on the former undisputed world heavyweight champion.

"I look at it now and I'm embarrassed I did it," Tyson told the New York Times. "There's a lot of information people didn't need to know."

Tyson, who turns 42 next month, says he has been off drugs and alcohol for the past 15 months after abusing both for years.

"I don't know who I am," Tyson told the newspaper. "That might sound stupid. I really have no idea. All my life I have been drinking and drugging and partying and all of a sudden this comes to a stop.

Tyson, who went 50-6 with 44 knockouts, became the youngest heavyweight champion in boxing history in 1986 at age 20 and was the undisputed champion from 1987 until 1990, winning his first 37 fights in overwhelming fashion.

A now-vulnerable Tyson will reflect upon his mistakes, including an unhappy marriage and bitter divorce from actress Robin Givens, a three-year prison sentence for rape and squandering 400 million dollars on his way to bankruptcy. . - AFP/ar

No comments: