"This government is under siege," he said, adding he was targeted because of "the close possibility of me taking over" and his plans to re-enter parliament through a by-election, which had now been delayed.
"I will advise them to drop the charges because they are frivolous and malicious. I will fight every inch, I will fight them and fight them hard. This is a second round of dirty games," he told a press conference.
Anwar said he expected that evidence would be fabricated to back the charges, levelled by a 23-year-old man who had been a volunteer in his office for several months.
"I have all the evidence and an alibi. This is a conspiracy," he said, adding that his wife Wan Azizah Wan Ismail would meet with Abdullah on Tuesday to push for an end to the accusations which are being probed by police. ….extract from CAN
Also in malaysiatoday:
Anwar also accused saiful bakhari is very close to mr and mrs DPM. He said he has the prove and will bring it out in due course.
My my the ball is in najibs court again. I just cannot understand why all this scandals have a way of finding its way back to our DPM, just like flies attracted to shit.
I wait eagerly as the mud slinging starts, and the throttle is fired up one notch!..cheers