Thursday, June 26, 2008

PAYBACK TIME TO TELEMARKETERS!

Do you get irritated by telemarketers?. It just amazes me to find my telephone number floating around these telemarketers phonebooks. The number of calls I receive about new products and bank loans sometimes drives me up the wall. But being me, I find it hard to be rude , I just listen and then come up with an excuse to say no. Is there an easy and more professional way to say no without being rude, as I am aware these people like me are also trying to earn a living. I was reading these article about ways to make the telemarketers give up on you. I doubt I have the balls to do it, but if it helps you why not give it a try!

1) If they want to loan you money, tell them you just filed for bankruptcy and you could use it. Ask, "How long can I keep it? Do I have to ever pay it back, or is it like that other money I borrowed before my bankruptcy?"

2) If they start out with, "How are you today?" say, "I'm so glad you asked, because no one seems to care these days and I have all these problems, my colon is acting up again, my rectum is sore, my pet rock just died." When they try to get back to the sales process, just keep talking about your problems. if they persist - ask them why they don't care.

3) If the person says he's Joe Shmoe from the Acme Company, ask him to spell his name, then ask him to spell the company name, then ask for his address. Ask for landmarks. Continue asking questions about the company for as long as necessary.

4) This one works better if you are male: Telemarketer: "Hi, my name is Jessica , with Roger Dodd Services.. You: "Hang on a second." (few seconds pause) "Okay, (in a really husky voice) what are you wearing?"

5) Tell the telemarketer you are busy and if they will give you their phone number you will call them back. If they say they are not allowed to give out their number, then ask them for their home number and tell them you will call them at home. If the sales person says, "Well, I don't really want to get a call at home," say, "Ya! Now you know how I feel," and slam the phone!

...cheers

No comments: